- I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in cycling activities. I acknowledge that I must, and I agree that I will, disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either I or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage.
- I acknowledge that Cycling Australia and the Tour of Margaret River relies on information provided by me and that all such information is accurate and complete.
- I agree to report any accidents, injuries, loss or damage I suffer during the Tour of Margaret River to the event organisers and to Cycling Australia before I leave any relevant venue.
Assumption of risk:
- I acknowledge that cycling activities are inherently dangerous. I recognise that there are risks specifically associated with cycling activities which include, but are not limited to, collisions and contact with other participants and road users, riding on roads which are or may be closed or partially closed to traffic, the remoteness of the areas in which a ride takes place, sudden and unexpected changes in weather, physical exertion and difficulties in evacuation if I become disabled. I acknowledge that accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being injured or even killed, or my property being damaged.
- I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substance before or during any cycling activity, and I accept full responsibility for injury, loss or damage associated with the consumption of alcohol or any other mind-altering substance.
- I agree to follow any rules set by Cycling Australia and the Tour of Margaret River in connection with any cycling activities related to the event. In particular, I have been advised to wear an approved helmet at all times during event activities. If I fail to comply with the rules and/or directions, I will not be permitted to participate or to continue to participate and no refund will be given.
Release and indemnity:
- In consideration of the Tour of Margaret River accepting my registration I: a) release and will release the event organisers from all claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Tour of Margaret River; and b) indemnify and will keep indemnified the event organisers to the extent permitted by law in respect of any claim by any person: i). arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the event. ii). against the event organisers in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my failure to comply with event rules and/or directions.
- I agree and acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, the event organisers shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage I suffer or by any other person arising from or in connection with my participation in event activities, whether such injury, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of the event organisers.
- If I suffer any injury or illness, I agree that the event organisers may provide evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment at my expense and that my acceptance of these terms and conditions constitutes my consent to such evacuation, first aid and/or medical treatment.
- I understand that my Cycling Australia membership has arranged some limited insurance coverage which may provide me with some protection for loss, damage or injury that I may suffer during my participation in the Tour of Margaret River. However, I acknowledge and accept that insurance taken out by Cycling Australia may not provide full indemnity for loss, damage or injury that I may suffer during my participation in the event, and that I may have to pay the excess if a claim is made on my behalf. I agree that my own insurance arrangements are ultimately my responsibility and I will arrange any additional coverage at my expense after taking into account Cycling Australia’s insurance arrangements and my own circumstances.
- I understand that the personal information I have provided in my registration is necessary for the purposes of the Tour of Margaret River. I acknowledge that the Tour of Margaret River may use my personal information for the purposes of providing me with information or promotional material.
- (If team captain for Tour of Margaret River) I acknowledge that registration fees for team entries can only be refunded up to three months prior to the event. I understand that no refund will be offered if I must withdraw my team less than three months prior to the event date, and that I will be given the option to roll the registration over to the following year if this situation arises. I acknowledge that if I lose riders from my team, it is my responsibility to find replacements.
- (If individual registrant in associated ride event) I acknowledge that registration fees for individual entries in associated ride events can only be refunded up to one month prior to the event. I understand that no refund will be offered to me if I need to withdraw less than one month prior to the event date. If this situation arises, I understand that I must either forfeit my registration fee, or arrange for another rider to take my place and ensure that all registration details within the registration system are changed to the new rider.